Stara Zagora Regional Economic Development Agency
SZREDA was established in 1995 with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is determined within the meaning of Art. 2 of the Law on Non-Profit Legal Entities as a non-profit association for carrying out public benefit activities to achieve the goals and fulfill the tasks listed below.
The main goal of SZREDA is to support the establishment and implementation of mechanisms for managing the processes of successful integration in the European Community of local and regional authorities and businesses in the region by developing policies at a regional and local level aimed at sustainable development and stimulating its economic development.
Members of the Agency are the municipalities of Stara Zagora, Chirpan, Nikolaevo, Bratya Daskalovi, Maglizh, Pavel banya, Gurkovo, Opan, Kazanlak, Galabovo and Radnevo - as well as the Thracian University, the Bulgarian-German Training Center, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
SZREDA works on various programs and projects of the European Union, USAID, British, Canadian, Italian and other bilateral programs.
The Agency is a member of the Bulgarian Association of Regional Development Agencies and Business Centers (BARDA) and works in partnership with the Executive Agency for Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises, the Bulgarian Investment Agency, and other institutions and organizations working to support entrepreneurship and economic development. of Stara Zagora region.
SZREDA has a wide range of partners and clients from the region - small and medium enterprises, municipalities, government institutions, non-profit organizations, citizens. The agency partners with a number of national and international organizations and provide services to foreign companies.
By letter of MEET 12-00-1635 / 29.11.2011, Stara Zagora Regional Economic Development Agency was notified that it is registered as a Regional Tourist Association in the National Tourist Register on the grounds of Art. 59, para 1 in connection with art. 61 of the Tourism Act.
REDA is determined in accordance with Art. 2 NGO's Act as a non-profit organization for the public benefit to the objectives and tasks set out below:
The main objective of the REDA - Stara Zagora is to support the development and implementation of mechanisms to manage the process of successful integration into the European community of local and regional authorities and businesses in the region through policies development at regional and local level aimed at sustainable development of the region and stimulate economic development, including:
1. To support local and regional governments in their efforts for sustainable development and creating a favorable business environment;
2. To support the development of successful partnerships, both between local authorities and between local authorities, business and civil society;
3. To encourage and promote entrepreneurship and SMEs;
4. To promote the region and attract national and foreign investment;
5. To assist unemployed and other disadvantaged groups for their integration into the labor market through training and technical assistance;
6. To encourage innovation and introduction of new technologies in local and regional economy;
7. To preserve and restore the environment as a prerequisite for sustainable development in the region;
8. To act as a cluster of regional development together with its member institutions and organizations;
9. To encourage and foster the development of different forms of sustainable tourism.
As Regional Tourist Association SZREDA, in reference to its main objectives supports the sustainable tourism development and represents the Region of Stara Zagora in the country and abroad as an interesting and attractive place to visit. RTA consults entrepreneurs in tourist branch, coordinates and supports the activity of Local tourist associations in order to create, develops and promotes an attractive tourist product.
As Regional Tourist Association SZREDA works for improving quality of tourist services and establishing a new image of the region on tourist market.
The main activities of the Stara Zagora Regional Economic Development Agency (SZREDA) include:
- Providing surveys and analysis of Stara Zagora's regional economy, including design and implementation of strategies for economic development;
- Developing and implementing projects to solve significant social issues by mobilizing local resources and attracting outside resources;
- Providing office space, information and advisory services to SMEs, local governments, government institutions, NGOs, as well as identifying business contacts and financing opportunities;
- Organizing training and re-training programs to meet the requirements economies in the process of development and restructuring;
- Organizing meetings, exhibitions and fairs to promote local business; providing assistance for participation in trade exhibitions and business forums in country and abroad
Members of the Agency are the municipalities of
Radnevo - as well as
the Thracian University,
the Bulgarian-German Training Center,
the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Board of Directors
Mr. Georgi Simeonov
Chairman of the SZREDA Board
Head of Sustainable development ant EU Integration Directorate
Mrs Ivanka Ivanova
Chief Secretary of Kazanlak Municipality
Mr. Svetoslav Marinov
Deputy Mayor of Radnevo Municipality
Assoc. prof. Nely Hristova Grozeva
Vice Rector of Thracian University
Mr. Oleg Stoilov
Chairman of the Stara Zagora Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Rumyana Grozeva, PhD
SZREDA Executive Director
Stara Zagora Regional Economic Development Agency covered the International Standard for Business Advice and Support
It took 2 years of international development and pilot tests to create the Standard. As a result, it is cohesive, practical and easy to implement and use as a framework for successful management of SME support services.
Rumyana Grozeva, PhD