SUPPORTING THE CLEAN ENERGY TRANSITION OF COAL-INTENSIVE REGIONS
The low-carbon energy shift of EU economies will have a profound economic & social impact on regions extensively involved in coal value chains. It is however acknowledged that this transition needs to be fair; EC’s "Clean Energy For All Europeans" package was set in place to speed the clean energy transition and growth & job creation. To this end, DeCarb will support public authorities to initiate efforts, join forces and exchange experiences to: a) identify growth strategies to mitigate the impact of decarbonisatoin, b) make the most of EU funds & financing tools, and c) promote public dialogue on conflicting interests.
01.06.2018 - 31.05.2023
- Regional Plan for Development of Southeastern Region 2014-2020 (NUTS 2 Region), Policy implemented through OP "Regions in Growth" 2014-2020
- ROP of Lodzkie Voivodeship 2014-2020
- Environmental and Energy-Efficieny Operational Programme
- Regional Operational Programme
- Brandenburg Energy Strategy 2030
- National Operational Programme for the European Regional Development Fund, 2014–2020 DENMARK
- Regional Operational Programme of Western Macedonia
- Operational Programme for the Implementation of the EU Cohesion Policy in the Period 2014-2020
- ROP ERDF 2014-2020 Extremadura
DeCarb brings together 9 partners (9 countries), to exchange experiences & transfer knowledge on how to transition from the carbon-intensive era towards the clean energy future. It will support regions to secure sustainable development, economic & societal stability, and a role in the 2030 energy mix.
DeCarb will support regions to secure sustainable development in a low-carbon economy, and in particular to: a) advance through the clean energy transition, limiting detrimental impact on economic & societal stability, b) assess regional specificities, putting forth development & innovation policies to stimulate growth, and c) meet CO2 targets and secure a role in the 2030 energy mix.
1. Increase the knowledge & capacities of public authorities on growth pathways beyond coal, and secure energy security & stability
2. Support the development of plans to create jobs to counteract the coal industry contraction, and analyse territorial impact to specify labour re-skilling and post mining land use needs
3. Promote public dialogue to resolve conflicts & build consensus on the clean energy transition, involving the energy sector, social partners, and the citizens
4. Raise awareness on the importance to plan ahead and implement measures for the new energy mix
- Increased capacity of 200 staff of public administrations to effectively support new growth trajectories & energy security
- ~19 million euros unlocked to support projects on renewables, reskilling of the workforce, and post-mining land use
- Increased awareness & consensus building among the energy sector, the workforce, and citizens, to support measures for the clean energy transition (over 1000 individuals).
- На 02/07/2020 в Стара Загора се проведе 5-тата работна среща на заинтересованите страни по проект 03 July 2020
- Бюлетин №4 по проект DeCarb 11 June 2020
- Трети бюлетин по проект DeCarb 12 December 2019
- SZREDA received approval for identified of new good practice from Bulgaria within the DeCarb project 03 July 2019
- SZREDA team organized the second Stakeholder group meeting to present the opportunities and prospects the DeCarb project provide 03 June 2019
- Newsletter 2 May 2019 DeCarb 31 May 2019
- Newsletter 1 2019 DeCarb 01 May 2019
- SZREDA received approval for identified good practice from Bulgaria within the DeCarb project 26 February 2019
- SZREDA team organized the 1st Stakeholders meeting to present the opportunities and prospects the DeCarb project provides 27 November 2018
- Kick-off meeting for the DeCarb project was organized in Stara Zagora 10 July 2018